Bucket List – Things To Do Before I Die – expanded
Taken from a previous post and expanded
Earlier, I wrote that my proposed overland driving trip to Kenya was one of the things I want to do before I die, and I could not think of anything else that falls into this category.
But now I have thought of something else I would really like to do. I would love to see the Rio Carnival.
So, having started, I am going to try to make a list of ten things to go on my bucket list:
- Drive from the UK to Kenya (and back?). Still in the dream stage, but with some planning carried out. But I doubt that I will actually get around to it.
- Visit the Maasai Mara/Serengeti – why have’t I already?
- Attend the annual Rhino Charge 4×4 – again, why have’t I already?
- Go to Rio for the Carnival
- Visit the Far East. A hike taking in Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam, etc. would be good.
- Attend the Notting Hill Carnival – should be easy enough and would be a good substitute for 4 above.
- Design and build a cheap, easy to use, anaerobic digester, and introduce it throughout rural Kenya to give everyone the choice to have clean, free cooking fuel.
- Perfect a system that will cut fuel consumption for vehicles.
- Give Simon the gift of hearing – I have had several hearing aids donated to me for this purpose.
- Offer worthwhile training to Rister so that she will be able to support herself and her family when she leaves school.
- Offer residential care to the Twiga children that want or need it
- Build up a business that is successful enough to support the workers and volunteers at KCIS
- Improve the Twiga vegetable plot so that there is enough food to support all the children, all year round.
- Climb Mount Kenya (and maybe Kilimanjaro and Meru as well).
- A cheap and effective treatment for HIV/AIDS
- ditto for malaria
- An end of corruption in government – everywhere (this is more of a fantasy, it will never happen).